Cider Tour - France
Time & Location
About The Event
Join us for the ultimate cider experience as we journey through Normandy, France for behind the scene tours and tastings that will expand your knowledge and appreciation for the fermented apple.
Beginning and ending the tour in Paris, The City of Lights, you will have the opportunity to taste cider orginating in the Pays d'Auge, Domfront and Cotentin regions of Normandy, enjoy authentic French food (Camembert anyone?!) and experience a region that thrives on the culture of cidre and poire.
Along the way, each day, our group will be accompanied by local French Cidre professional guide available to answer all of your technical questions about production, history and the tradition of French cidre.
From Paris we'll step back in time and spend two days traveling through Normandy tasting cidre, calvados and pommeau throughout the Pays d'Auge. You'll feel immediately immersed in French culture surrounded by the timbered homes and traditional barns of the region. With a bit of luck orchards should be in bloom as we travel around the rolling hills of Normandy via coach bus. Lunches will feature local fare to give you an authentic taste of what is best paired with traditional French cidre.
From there we will travel up into the Cotentin Peninsula, a region that recently received their appellation, fronting on the English Channel with Brittany to its Southwest. Cotentin is known for its relaxed pace of life, local cheeses and nectar-colored cidre. We'll spend two days exploring this area, lodging at a traditional orchard complete with chateau structures, farm shop and sprawling grounds to explore.
Our final tour day we'll travel through the Domfront region, focusing on poire as well as cidre as we make our way back to Paris for our final evening.
- Tour check-in between 5pm and 7pm on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at Hyatt Regency - Charles de Gaulle, Paris with trip coordinators in the lobby
- Transportation from your location to the tour check-in at The Hyatt Regency is your responsibility. Tour cost does not include or arrange for airfare or ground transport to and from the check-in location.
Tour will include:
- Exclusive behind the scenes tours led by expert French Cidre Guide featuring Normandy's best hand-selected cidre and poire producers in the Pay d'Auge, Cotentin and Domfront regions of Normandy
- Lodging for 6 nights—May 8 to May 13
- Coach Bus transportation to all tour stops
- All Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 2 Dinner and snacks along the way
- Scheduled cider tasting
- Full privately escorted tour by cider travel professionals (2)
What is not included:
- International/regional airfare to Paris, France
- Meals not specifically listed as included on the tour
- Airport transfers to and from Paris, France
- Alcohol purchases
- Travel insurance
- Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations before December 31, 2018 will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations after January 15, 2019 will not receive a refund.
Contact 717-385-6054 or